Author & photographer • Brightbox Studio LLC
Training for Adobe Creative Cloud desktop and mobile workflows including Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, OS X, and more. See all books and videos, or scroll down to see articles I’ve written.
Featured published articles
How big is a pixel? As displays advanced from around 96 ppi to well over 300 ppi, designers needed a way to keep the size of type and objects consistent across devices of different resolutions. The answer was to update the definition of a pixel, in a way that's more familiar than you might think.
Find the best photo hosting website for your work by considering the purpose of your photography, your budget, your design requirements, and your workflow.
Give old film a new digital life with this complete workflow for Lightroom or Adobe Camera Raw with Bridge.
To market your photos you must show them online, but that can leave them open to unauthorized copying and usage. Learn to maximize the benefits of sharing your images online while minimizing the risk of having them pirated.
The histogram helps you evaluate the tone and color characteristics of an image. But it turns out that newer tools in Lightroom and Camera Raw are better at showing you the tonal problems you’ll most want to solve.
You affect image sharpness by many decisions you make at all stages of the photographic process, even before you take a digital photograph. After you take it, how you manage image contrast defines sharpness through the rest of the workflow.
Latest blog posts
- Creating a Panorama: CreativePro.com articlePhotoshop, Camera Raw, and Lightroom make panoramas. But which way is best? It’s my new article for CreativePro; see the details and link on my blog.
- The Unexpected Rebirth of Adobe DNG: CreativePro.com articleMobile workflows have quietly given new life to the Adobe DNG format for raw images. It’s my latest article for CreativePro; see the details and link on my blog.
- Secrets of the Esc Key: CreativePro.com articleIn Adobe software, the enigmatic Esc key can do more than you might expect. It’s my latest article for CreativePro; see the details and link on my blog.
- Creating Image Vignettes: InDesign Magazine articleCreating an image vignette in Adobe InDesign can be better than doing it in Photoshop. Learn how in my latest article for InDesign Magazine.
- Five Faster Ways to Get Images Into Photoshop: CreativePro.com articleIn my article for CreativePro, learn how to get images into Photoshop in different and often more productive ways.
- Travel photo tips on Adobe Live with the ProsWatch me demo Photoshop and Lightroom tips with three other Adobe Community Professionals. Details on my blog…
- Prints on display: “Global Explorations” group photo exhibitionPrints on display: I was invited to show travel photos in a group exhibition that opens March 18. Details on my blog…
- How do P3 displays affect your workflow? — CreativePro.com articleIn an article for CreativePro I discuss P3 color, which joins Adobe RGB as a new wide gamut option for displays.