Author & photographer • Brightbox Studio LLC
Find the best photo hosting website for your work by considering the purpose of your photography, your budget, and your design requirements, and your workflow.
Give old film a new digital life with this complete workflow for Lightroom or Adobe Camera Raw with Bridge.
To market your photos you must show them online, but that can leave them open to unauthorized copying and usage. Learn to maximize the benefits of sharing your images online while minimizing the risk of having them pirated.
The Lightroom 4 upgrade makes interesting choices that enhance every part of a digital photographer’s workflow.
The histogram helps you evaluate the tone and color characteristics of an image. But it turns out that newer tools in Lightroom and Camera Raw are better at showing you the tonal problems you’ll most want to solve.
You affect image sharpness by many decisions you make at all stages of the photographic process, even before you take a digital photograph. After you take it, how you manage image contrast defines sharpness through the rest of the workflow.
Latest blog posts
- Blur Backgrounds with a Compact Camera—CreativePro.com articleBlurring the background of a photo helps draw attention to the subject. But it's harder to do with a compact camera than with an SLR camera. The good news? You can blur backgrounds with a small camera by mastering depth-of-field control techniques, and some newer digital compact cameras give you more of the depth-of-field control formerly available only with larger cameras.
- How to install earlier versions of Creative Cloud applicationsYou can now install older versions of Adobe software using the Creative Cloud desktop application. For some reason this feature is not easy to find in the Creative Cloud app, so I'll lead you through the steps.
- Adobe Creative Cloud 2014: Upgrade tips, and things to watch out forI've collected some practical tips and information about the 2014 release of Adobe Creative Cloud, including some implications to think about before you hit the Update All button.
- Choosing a Display for Photography and Design — Peachpit.com articleWhen you buy a new monitor for photography or design, what features should you look for? Does it really have to be 4K or wide gamut? In an article I wrote for Peachpit, I help you understand which display features are important to a creative professional. For a link and more details, see the article on my blog.
- Know Your Photoshop File Sizes—CreativePro.com articleWhy do you sometimes see different file sizes for the same Photoshop image? Which size is the real one? Find out in my article for CreativePro.com; details are on my blog.
- Read my Lightroom Mobile review on CreativePro.comCan Lightroom Mobile help a tablet replace a laptop in a raw photo workflow? Read my review on CreativePro.com.
- Lightroom Mobile, Lightroom 5.4, Adobe Camera Raw 8.4 releasedAdobe introduces Lightroom Mobile for iPad, and releases Lightroom 5.4 and Camera Raw 8.4. For more details on these free updates, read the full article on my blog...