Author & photographer • Brightbox Studio LLC
Featured published articles
You can use Creative Cloud mobile apps to feed ideas into Photoshop, and you can now use Photoshop with the new Adobe Preview CC app to more easily design and preview content for mobile apps and web sites.
Find the best photo hosting website for your work by considering the purpose of your photography, your budget, your design requirements, and your workflow.
The debut of Lightroom Mobile on the iPad brings high expectations: Can this new app help a tablet replace a laptop in a raw photo workflow, and how well do photographers' favorite features of the desktop version of Lightroom translate to iOS?
Give old film a new digital life with this complete workflow for Lightroom or Adobe Camera Raw with Bridge.
To market your photos you must show them online, but that can leave them open to unauthorized copying and usage. Learn to maximize the benefits of sharing your images online while minimizing the risk of having them pirated.
The histogram helps you evaluate the tone and color characteristics of an image. But it turns out that newer tools in Lightroom and Camera Raw are better at showing you the tonal problems you’ll most want to solve.
You affect image sharpness by many decisions you make at all stages of the photographic process, even before you take a digital photograph. After you take it, how you manage image contrast defines sharpness through the rest of the workflow.
Latest blog posts
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan: Will Adobe software work?OS X 10.11 El Capitan is now available. Will your Adobe apps work? I provide info and links in an article on my blog.
- Vexed by Hex Web Colors? RGB is OK! — CreativePro.com articleIf the hexadecimal color values of web design are an alien language to you, it's OK to use simpler RGB values in your CSS code. To learn how, read my article on CreativePro.com.
- Read my overview of Adobe Comp CC in InDesign MagazineForget the old cocktail napkin: Sketch your ideas in Adobe Comp CC, an iPad app that can send designs directly to InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator. Read my overview of Adobe Comp CC in InDesign Magazine; for more info see the article on my blog.
- A Tale of Two Enter Keys — CreativePro.com articleIf you use an extended keyboard you have two Enter keys, but they don't always do the same thing in software like Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign. I talk about the differences in my article for CreativePro.com.
- Adobe Lightroom CC 2015.1, Camera Raw 9.1, and Lightroom Mobile 1.5 now availableAdobe has released Adobe Lightroom CC 2015.1 and Adobe Camera Raw 9.1, along with a corresponding DNG Converter 9.1 update. For details, see the article on my blog.
- Lightroom 6 and CC: First impressionsLightroom 6 is available now, with performance enhancements and new features. For additional information and answers to questions that aren't always addressed by the general media coverage of the release, see the article on my blog.
- Prints on display: “Capture the Moment” group photo exhibitionSome of my recent photographs are part of a group show of photography at University House in Issaquah, WA. The reception is on March 13 from 5–7 p.m. with wine and hors d’oeuvres. Details on my blog…
- Which Size Graphics Tablet Should You Buy? — CreativePro.com articleOnce you decide to buy a graphics tablet, which size you should get: Small, medium, or large? Learn about your options in an article I wrote for CreativePro.com; details on my blog.