Author & photographer • Brightbox Studio LLC
Find the best photo hosting website for your work by considering the purpose of your photography, your budget, and your design requirements, and your workflow.
Give old film a new digital life with this complete workflow for Lightroom or Adobe Camera Raw with Bridge.
To market your photos you must show them online, but that can leave them open to unauthorized copying and usage. Learn to maximize the benefits of sharing your images online while minimizing the risk of having them pirated.
The Lightroom 4 upgrade makes interesting choices that enhance every part of a digital photographer’s workflow.
The histogram helps you evaluate the tone and color characteristics of an image. But it turns out that newer tools in Lightroom and Camera Raw are better at showing you the tonal problems you’ll most want to solve.
You affect image sharpness by many decisions you make at all stages of the photographic process, even before you take a digital photograph. After you take it, how you manage image contrast defines sharpness through the rest of the workflow.
Latest blog posts
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks: Will Adobe software work?OS X 10.9 Mavericks is out! Will your Adobe apps work? I provide links and info in an article on my blog.
- Make the Most of Your Domain Name — CreativePro.com articleWhen you get a domain name for your website, think bigger than the website itself. Use your domain name to reinforce your brand online when you add a blog, portfolio, or store to your business.
- Camera Raw 8.2 vs Lightroom 5.2: Latest releases shift the balanceThe September 2013 release of Adobe Camera Raw 8.2 brings Camera Raw closer to parity with Lightroom, with more improvements to the production pipeline. (Version 5.2 of Lightroom was released at the same time.)
- Update: Adobe Photoshop CC 14.1 brings Generator for on-screen assetsAdobe Photoshop CC 14.1 is now out with various enhancements, including automatic export of layers to web-optimized assets using the new Adobe Generator feature.
- Apple fixes MacBook Air problem that caused Photoshop screen flickeringIf you've experienced screen flickering when using Photoshop on a mid-2013 MacBook Air, download and install MacBook Air (Mid 2013) Software Update 1.0 from Apple.
- Lightroom 5 releasedThe final version of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 is out! For more information and links, read this article...