Author & photographer • Brightbox Studio LLC
Training for Adobe Creative Cloud desktop and mobile workflows including Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, OS X, and more. See all books and videos, or see the latest articles below.
Featured published articles
How big is a pixel? As displays advanced from around 96 ppi to well over 300 ppi, designers needed a way to keep the size of type and objects consistent across devices of different resolutions. The answer was to update the definition of a pixel, in a way that's more familiar than you might think.
Find the best photo hosting website for your work by considering the purpose of your photography, your budget, your design requirements, and your workflow.
Give old film a new digital life with this complete workflow for Lightroom or Adobe Camera Raw with Bridge.
To market your photos you must show them online, but that can leave them open to unauthorized copying and usage. Learn to maximize the benefits of sharing your images online while minimizing the risk of having them pirated.
The histogram helps you evaluate the tone and color characteristics of an image. But it turns out that newer tools in Lightroom and Camera Raw are better at showing you the tonal problems you’ll most want to solve.
You affect image sharpness by many decisions you make at all stages of the photographic process, even before you take a digital photograph. After you take it, how you manage image contrast defines sharpness through the rest of the workflow.
Latest blog posts
- InDesign to WordPress: iziExport review for InDesign MagazineWant to convert InDesign docs to WordPress posts? I reviewed the iziExport plug-in for InDesign Magazine.
- 2016 MacBook Pro: Good for photographers?The 2016 MacBook Pro costs more, but you’re not always getting more.
- Astropad vs Duet Pro: Two Cintiq challengersAstropad or Duet Pro: Which is better for using an iPad as a graphics tablet for your computer?
- Getting the Most Out of the Adobe User Forums: CreativePro.com articleLearn simple strategies to get a great answer more quickly in the Adobe Forums, a free community-based resource for questions about Adobe software, in an article I wrote for CreativePro.
- Prints on display: “Journey Through the Lenses” group photo exhibitionPrints on display: I was invited to show travel photos in a group exhibition that opens October 15. Details on my blog…
- Choosing an Adobe Portfolio Layout: CreativePro.com articleWhich Adobe Portfolio site layout is best for you? Find out in an article I wrote for CreativePro.
- Using Adobe Portfolio: CreativePro.com articleIs Adobe Portfolio a good choice for photographers and designers who want to show their best work online? I try it out in an article for CreativePro.
- macOS 10.12 Sierra: Will Adobe software work?Apple has announced macOS 10.12 Sierra. Will your Adobe apps work with it?