Author & photographer • Brightbox Studio LLC
Find the best photo hosting website for your work by considering the purpose of your photography, your budget, and your design requirements, and your workflow.
Give old film a new digital life with this complete workflow for Lightroom or Adobe Camera Raw with Bridge.
To market your photos you must show them online, but that can leave them open to unauthorized copying and usage. Learn to maximize the benefits of sharing your images online while minimizing the risk of having them pirated.
The Lightroom 4 upgrade makes interesting choices that enhance every part of a digital photographer’s workflow.
The histogram helps you evaluate the tone and color characteristics of an image. But it turns out that newer tools in Lightroom and Camera Raw are better at showing you the tonal problems you’ll most want to solve.
You affect image sharpness by many decisions you make at all stages of the photographic process, even before you take a digital photograph. After you take it, how you manage image contrast defines sharpness through the rest of the workflow.
Latest blog posts
- Adobe Photoshop CC 14.2.1 released with bug fixesHave you run into issues with Adobe Photoshop CC 14.2? You can now download Photoshop 14.2.1, just released with bug fixes.
- Adobe Photoshop CC 14.2: Perspective warp, linked Smart Objects, 3D printing, better Mac performanceAdobe Photoshop CC 14.2 is an update not to be ignored, especially on a Mac. New features include Perspective Warp, linked Smart Objects, 3D printing support, and initial support for the GPU in the 2013 Mac Pro. For more details and to learn how to update, read the article on my blog.
- Accelerate Graphics Production Using Metadata Filters in Adobe Bridge and Lightroom—CreativePro.com articleI just wrote an article for CreativePro.com: Save lots of production time by quickly targeting and tracking files you need to work on, using metadata filters in Adobe Bridge and Lightroom. For details and a link, see my blog post.
- Create photo layouts faster with my article in the Photography Issue of InDesign MagazineWant to create photo layouts faster? I just wrote an article, “Import More Images in Less Time,” for the Photography Issue of InDesign Magazine (December/January 2014). For details, read the article on my blog.
- Lightroom 5.3 and Adobe Camera Raw 8.3 releasedLightroom 5.3, Camera Raw 8.3, and DNG Converter 8.3 are now available from Adobe. All have new support for recent cameras and lens profiles, a few new features for Camera Raw, and the usual bug fixes. For more details on this free update, read the full article on my blog...
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks: Will Adobe software work?OS X 10.9 Mavericks is out! Will your Adobe apps work? I provide links and info in an article on my blog.